Thursday, October 13, 2011

Besides my dad, I never had any other male figures in my life like a grandfather or uncle that I could look up to. Until Sunday morning.

My neighbor, Rajni dada, has been my neighbor since I moved in my house in 4th grade. I've always seen him and his wife as my grandparents, not fully but definitely respectable and wise. They are so much fun to be around with, and it never feels completely like home if they are not there. Even when I take trips back home for a weekend and don't spend time with them, I always greet them and say good bye to them before I sit in the car to leave.

Sunday morning I pack my car and run down my mountain of a drive way and ring the doorbell. The white haired slender old man that always makes me feel happy and warm inside. I go pray to his feet and do an awkward hug ( I am very uncomfortable hugging older men, even my dad ) and he kisses my cheek and that moment right there, I realized he is my grandfather.

No comments: