I've probably whined and complained about my complete volunteer work as an RA this summer. I did work such as hundreds of emails weekly, copy + pasting hundreds of documents, and more related tedious tasks.
I took this position wanting more experience in the research field, even though I was informed it was unpaid and I wouldn't receive school credit either. However, I wanted to work for this graduate student and somehow assist with his research, for at the end of the day, this experience was assisting me.
I received an email today from Amazon, that I've received a $50 gift card from him. I was completely surprised! I never expected such a sweet gesture, especially since I wanted to help out anyways! He seriously didn't have to do that, but it just makes me so appreciative of the people I'm surrounded by. I feel appreciated!
:)
I took this position wanting more experience in the research field, even though I was informed it was unpaid and I wouldn't receive school credit either. However, I wanted to work for this graduate student and somehow assist with his research, for at the end of the day, this experience was assisting me.
I received an email today from Amazon, that I've received a $50 gift card from him. I was completely surprised! I never expected such a sweet gesture, especially since I wanted to help out anyways! He seriously didn't have to do that, but it just makes me so appreciative of the people I'm surrounded by. I feel appreciated!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment