One thing for the past summers I dreaded was this "fact" that I do not have a friend at home to do things I enjoy with. For example, try new restaurants or attend local events. Besides going out to the same old downtown and the same old mall (which I have been for over ten years) with my friends who typically enjoy these outings only, I have always wanted to try new things. These new things however, would not appeal to my friends, and I've known my friends for ages to know their taste.
Well since I've returned from Raleigh mid May, I have found that person who wants to do the things I do, without me requesting it. However, it took me a few days ago to realize it.
My brother has been the person I share many things (much more than genetics and parents) with. From taste in music to hobbies, I realized he is all I need.
For the past few weeks, we have been religiously hitting the gym, sometimes learning from each other. "You should drink some protein" he advises and makes me a shake before his. "Here are easier ways to hold a plank" I tell him, because 1 minute of plank is an eternity of torture.
He had just mentioned how he wants to visit a few museums, which has been a point on my "to-do" list since last summer! I hope we can cross it off soon.
I am just grateful to have an amazing brother and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together, despite our fights and frustrations.
Well since I've returned from Raleigh mid May, I have found that person who wants to do the things I do, without me requesting it. However, it took me a few days ago to realize it.
My brother has been the person I share many things (much more than genetics and parents) with. From taste in music to hobbies, I realized he is all I need.
For the past few weeks, we have been religiously hitting the gym, sometimes learning from each other. "You should drink some protein" he advises and makes me a shake before his. "Here are easier ways to hold a plank" I tell him, because 1 minute of plank is an eternity of torture.
He had just mentioned how he wants to visit a few museums, which has been a point on my "to-do" list since last summer! I hope we can cross it off soon.
I am just grateful to have an amazing brother and I have thoroughly enjoyed our time together, despite our fights and frustrations.
No comments:
Post a Comment