My composition includes tanned skin, brown hair, a strong nose, and winged eyeliner. I am nothing, without my eyeliner - winged.
My eyelids have been lined with L'Oreal's Lineur Intense (specifically in Carbon Black) since 2008. If you do not see it on me, it means I did not intend to be seen.
My winged technique has been perfected through years of trial-and-error, black stained finger tips, and over-time...hours of being late.
Both women and men, have expressed admiration for how my eyeliner is painted on to contour my unique eye shape.
I've taken pride of my craft, creating this illusion to enlarge my otherwise tiny eyes.
I also found it mysterious how I cannot recreate this winged look on any other eyes but mine, no matter how much I'd like to.
As a make-up enthusiast, it's surprising that I rarely experiment with new looks. I loved watching Youtube make-up gurus look fresh-faced, natural, and stunning with their eyeliner-less eyes. There eyes were bright and open, and were not lines of harsh black lines masking them. I tried, a couple times, by putting heavy WINTER coats of mascara hoping it would replace my top liner. Unfortunately, it was shortly followed by me attempting to do my signature liner with mascara'd lashes getting in the way.
Without my wings, I look exhausted, drained, and ill. I've been told that once too. My eyes barely look open, and emphasizes my hereditary dark circles.
These past few months, whenever I look at the clock, day or night, it is always 11:11. Lucky or not, I was curious why I was seeing this exact time almost twice a day, everyday. Thank God for Google, what a time to be alive. Theories say that when you're seeing 1's four in a row, it's a symbol for a necessary change. Change that needs to be deliberated by my own initiative. It is apparently symbolic for "girl you need to change your life." I first thought I should be more consistent with eating healthy or working out... or be more focused on finding a new job, or self-improving myself or nourishing relationships with my family and friends. But I have a hunch it's about how I do my daily make-up.
These past few days, I've dared the impossible. I've gone to work 2 days this week with simply coats of mascara that eventually blinds me every once in a while throughout the day. No one has noticed! And I don't completely look like I'm suffering from a terminal disease.
Will winged eyeliner always be my signature, always. But I am leaning towards of embracing spring and the natural face. Aside from my blemished face, I want to give my wings a rest and be comfortable with less black ink skirting my windows to the world.
Let me know what you think.
My eyelids have been lined with L'Oreal's Lineur Intense (specifically in Carbon Black) since 2008. If you do not see it on me, it means I did not intend to be seen.
My winged technique has been perfected through years of trial-and-error, black stained finger tips, and over-time...hours of being late.
Both women and men, have expressed admiration for how my eyeliner is painted on to contour my unique eye shape.
I've taken pride of my craft, creating this illusion to enlarge my otherwise tiny eyes.
I also found it mysterious how I cannot recreate this winged look on any other eyes but mine, no matter how much I'd like to.
| Wishing the wings would fly me away |
Without my wings, I look exhausted, drained, and ill. I've been told that once too. My eyes barely look open, and emphasizes my hereditary dark circles.
These past few months, whenever I look at the clock, day or night, it is always 11:11. Lucky or not, I was curious why I was seeing this exact time almost twice a day, everyday. Thank God for Google, what a time to be alive. Theories say that when you're seeing 1's four in a row, it's a symbol for a necessary change. Change that needs to be deliberated by my own initiative. It is apparently symbolic for "girl you need to change your life." I first thought I should be more consistent with eating healthy or working out... or be more focused on finding a new job, or self-improving myself or nourishing relationships with my family and friends. But I have a hunch it's about how I do my daily make-up.
These past few days, I've dared the impossible. I've gone to work 2 days this week with simply coats of mascara that eventually blinds me every once in a while throughout the day. No one has noticed! And I don't completely look like I'm suffering from a terminal disease.
Will winged eyeliner always be my signature, always. But I am leaning towards of embracing spring and the natural face. Aside from my blemished face, I want to give my wings a rest and be comfortable with less black ink skirting my windows to the world.
Let me know what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment