Monday, September 27, 2010

for laura


I miss my friends so much and even talking to them for 5 minutes can make my day at least 79.3% better.
So I've just learned about "L'impressionnisme" and I really really like Vincent Van Gogh and he actually had mental illnesses and I think he was gay? but I really like his paintings, especially his bedroom in Arles. There are 5 versions of this painting. He has some more of his own paintings within this painting.

I hate statistics, I feel myself rotting away for 50 minutes three times a week.

Boys & Girls club has been one of the best things that has happened to me. Working with a bunch of kids between 1st through 5th grade, seeing how their cute and sometimes crazy personalities is always fun. I really get happy when I see the student pass his or her reading goal, I get so excited! They are probably like when is this girl going to let me leave this trailer but I could keep them forever! I have a few favorites

Simone!! First time I met her she was in a totally bad mood and didn't read well at all (I wouldn't either if I was mad at something) I asked if she wanted a hug, and I hugged her anyways. After I let go she looks up and asks me, "Will you be here Monday?"

"Yes! I'll be here every Monday and Friday!"

"Can I read with you Monday?"

You know how happy that makes you feel when you hear that?

Kenny, he is an average boy in 3rd (or is it 4th) grade but he's so understanding and willing to learn when he's with me!

I go tomorrow!! :)

LAUARARARARA I MISS YOU AND THIS IS DEDICATED TO YOU SINCE YOU ACTUALLY READ IT AND COME VISIT ME MY GOLDEN GIRL<3

1 comment:

Laura said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY! glad things are going well and i had no idea about B&G that's awesome you're helping them learn. what a wonderful gift to pass on! i know that you'll touch many lives. I LOVE YOU. I CANNOT WAIT TO COME VISIT YOU. actually i can't wait til this weekend when you'll be home! :)





LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! bff.