Saturday, June 30, 2012

The amazing feeling, of being proud of yourself.

I may not have praise worthy achievements, like a career beginning job position, or a paying internship, or even awards.

However, I have completed 70 / 100 hours I want to get to for my Occupational Therapy shadowing experience. I'm doing pretty well and working pretty hard for my Human A&P II course! It maybe 5 hours long and 4 times a week until mid-July, but I'm knocking out an intense course now rather than cramming it in before grad school applications are due / my senior year.

There are too many flaws I have and so many issues I am aware I need to work on (like working out, don't get me started, or helping out more at home).

But am I perfect? No. Will I use that as an excuse? Never. But we all need to stop and give ourselves "15 minutes of fame", everyday. I know there is so much work I need to do, but I can't stop smiling and look back, and feel accomplished.

If you need to find me, I'm patting myself on the back ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! You have every right to be patting yourself on the back. Feel proud of everything you do because you deserve it more than anyone I know! Mean that pretty girl! Love yaaaaaa