Since I am obsessed with Psychology (especially my textbook!), I keep thinking about life. But I fail to keep in mind that every single person lives a different life and lives in a completely different situation than I do.
From reading the news and listening to my friend's family problems, I have never felt so lucky in my life. To live in a financially stable home, to have the smallest family problems, never to worry if I will have food on the table or not...I am so lucky and I thank my parents for everything. I always took my lifestyle for granted...
I sometimes feel so sheltered though. I am oblivious that there are tragic things happening in the world right now as we speak, it isn't all fiction. I was on Yahoo and I saw an article that children in Somoa who HAVE loving families are taken away to be put into this adopting agency. The families are told that Americans will take care of them by giving them an American education, but their children will be able to visit them back in the Philippines.
On the other hand, the American adopters are told that the child does not have any parents, brothers, or sisters and are simply in foster homes. Now there is a lawsuit taking away children from the caring American families who did not know this situation. The main point I'm struggling to get across is that, these children are snatched from their families (who were lied to) and are shipped across the world in a strangers home not knowing what in the world is going on. One of the interviews I watched was an American man saying that his Samoan girl cried for 3 weeks straight when she first came to the US.
Wow, I could not do it. Lord I'm grateful<3
So I bought my prom ticket and hopefully I can go dress shopping with Dhrumi and Esita =) I want the traditional "long, glamorous" dress...no short mod stuff.
I'm looking at either white, champagne, purple, coraly pink dresses. Who knows for now though. I kind of feel depressed though...mom came to my room asking if someone asked me to prom. I thought she would be happy when I replied, "Nope!" but she looked surprised!
"You're a liar!"
*I wish I was lying about that, mom!* "Nope, no one has asked me!"
"Well if someone did I would have let you go with him!"
Sigh...I got an 85 on my Calculus retake (was 55)
yay?
No comments:
Post a Comment