Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happiness, again

I got accepted to NC STATE :D :D :D
I love how I planned to apply to the school last minute and because my mother made me. Note to self: mom's can be right for 98% of the time. Who knows if I go there, I really want to since right now it is between that and UNCC. Oh well, whoever gives me the most money ;]

I found out Friday around 5ish and I was going to go to Esita's around 6:30ish to work on my HOSA Research Persuasive Speaking event on obesity. I like had NOTHING and it was the next morning. So I go over and she is proud that I got in State and then her boyfriend and her totally edit my paper, don't worry they changed a lot but all the main stuff was MINE. She did my speech that night around 11. I had not practiced my speech ONCE. I was so nervous I had a hard time falling asleep. My throat was sore too. Well we wake up oober early. I'm so freaking out and nervous because I hadn't practiced and I was messing up when I did.

We reached at JM and so many Indians hahahaha. I knew most of them, I even saw Parth's girlfriend, she really is hot. Anyways, we go to our designated rooms for our events. I was the first to reach and three others followed. Only four in my event, NICE! They were so sweet, when we were telling event coordinater our name, the kids from A.L. Brown were like that is a pretty name! And I'm like thanks, competition :p I was so nervous though, I was jittery and wanted to cry at the same time. I looked horrible too! Crappy ass top, and just today I realized I could've worn my argyle sweater that is hiding in my closet. Anywho, I was third to go. Vishalee was infront of my room so we helped each other out. Her's was very good!

Esita was done and came sat with me before I went. As I go in, I was anxious, espeically in those heels! I shake their hands and go up. I start and I completely forgot to NOT look at the cards. But I speak slow, but not slow enough. I look up but my hair kept going in my face. When I was done, I go up and shake their hands, but the hot guy judge was like "We still have to ask you questions!"

Ooops.

I answer the questions and the follow ups, not too great since I needed more time to think. But I kept elaborating. They said thank you and I shook their hands for the third time.

I go out and I'm relieved. Esita is like how'd it go? What questions did they ask? I told her honestly I didn't feel tooooooo great about it, but I did my best! Well we finished around 10:50 and awards wasn't untill 12:30. We just chilled with the Indians, I was looking for Jihan since I barely knew anyone. We just chilled and I drank a lot of water since my mouth was parched every two seconds. EVEN during my speech! It was 12:30 and it was time to sit in the auditorium with our school. Haha all nine of us (one was Mrs. Gardon and the other her daughter.) I had to pee so freaking bad. SO BAD. Out of drinking too much water and also from being ANXIOUS to what I got.

You see, they call the top ten competitors of each event and only give medals to top three. However in my competition, there was only four people and so if I didn't get top three, it would be SUPER embaressing to not get the medal and everyone in the place would know. So I'm dying to pee and all these competitors are going up. Two of the kids in our school (I didn't know them prior to Saturday) didn't even place top 10. However, Shreya did get to go up and I was taking crazy pictures (all came out bad!) She won second! I was so happpy! Then Vishalee's event, I wanted to see what she got but she didn't even get on stage! Apparently she was out at Taco Bell with her boyfriend. Ooops? hahaha she won second! Next was mine! I had to walk through the row in heels and everyone was like "Go Pranjali!" and I wanted to get out of the row before I fell! Esita slapped my butt as I exited hahahahahaha.

I walk on stage last of course and carefully since I'm in heels. Oh yeah, they pronounced my name like this: "Prunn - HAAA- lee Shah." J=silent hahahaha. or should I say JAJAJAJA

Fourth place goes to "not my name."
I looked at our row and they're like smiling to know at least I got a medal.
Third place goes to "not my name."
My mouth grins knowing I made top two!
Second place goes to "not my name."
AND I LOOK AT MY ROW AND THEY'RE MAKING OPEN MOUTHSS AND I MAKE THE MOST EMBARESSING OPEN MOUTHED EXPRESSION ON STAGE (totally unprofessional!) and I was like OMFGGG!! But they gave me a medal and people are cheering and OMGG :-D I regret not taking a video GAHHH! But the guy got a GREAT picture of me getting medaled.

I was so happy!!! Thanks to Esita and Nasir's hard work though! I get to go to states, and for FREE!!

Esita got 4th which I was proud of. It was one of the hardest! Jihan and Maiya got 8th on theirs which was equally challenging.

I got home happy, so happy. Good week, no? I'm just terribly sick with a pile load of homework and I'm hungry but I can't get up because I'm sick.

It all goes around.

Love you all<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! YOUR ON TOP OF THE WORLD!