Thursday, July 2, 2009

I really get hungry around one am

Hello!

First things first, I GOT THE CUTEST PAIRS OF UNDERWEAR TODAY! Like I could probably wear them everyday, but for sanitation's sake, I won't!

Oh I went shopping with Esituhhh today! It's like been forever since I've hung out with her!

OHHHH I finished The Namesake! So so so so so good! I'm really glad I didn't give up halfway due to the fact that I watched the movie a few years ago and knew the gist of the entire plot. Was I wrong, the ending, wow either I didn't remember it or they totally didn't add that to the movie. I kept visualizing the hotttie Kal Penn when I read "Gogol". By the way, Kal Penn fakes the most horrible fobby accent. I can def do better. Haha seriously.

I'm trying to read "The Future of Illusion" but I can't help but to sit in frustration after every two sentences. It is quite a short piece of literature however after an hour I couldn't pass the first two pages. Every sentence, I have to like think and visualize what Freud is trying to tell me, but I'm just not getting it. Reminds me of ''The Heart of Darkness'', LAME. Possibly its difficult because it's a translated book...it's orginally in German. But good lord the way he is trying to convey his message makes me feel like an idiot. I really want to understand because I believe the "Illusion" he is talking about is religion...and well...the future of it.

AND THEY DON'T HAVE SPARKNOTES ON IT :(
tears.

I'm also brushing on my my francais. I am working more on pronounciation, I covered like a chapter or two on conversational French. Under each line is like an easy way on how to say it...pour example

"Je suis americanne"
Jay sweee amayre-cayne
I am American

I'm positive that is not even slightly correct in any form...but you get the point. I sound super French though when I say it outloud. I love it haha but ask me five minutes later and I'll screw it up and sound super touristy.

Sooo mom, one of your co-workers is hot. You introduce me to your managers and all the other old people you work with...

Anyyyyways lol...orientation next week. Hope it goes well and hope my advisor or WHOEVER gives me a LOT of insight on what I should major in, if I should stick with it, what classes will be best for me, etc. I'm in such a dilemma and I realized I just CAN'T do med school. Pranjali Shah is NOT cut out for that stuff. And so I can't be a psychiatrist but I want to make money but not by doing useless psychological research...I suck at that stuff.

Hmmm I love my roommates already and I'm so excited for school to start. But I'm def dreading the whole classes part. I can barely read a Freud book, barely a page and I bet all the textbooks and assignments will be that difficult to comprehend (well for me of course) and ugh. Why can't I be brilliant like the rest of the Indians in the world =( ?????

No comments: