My Saturday was beautiful! I spent the beginning of the day being lazy and moping around, but then I went to Cassie's house. We went to Morning Times and I had a blueberry cupcake and a vanilla chai latte along with trying to study medical terminology. Few hours passed by, and I was wasting time on facebook. Since it's pretty obvious I am in love with Stephen Colbert, an ad pertaining to me showed up about a poetry contest. If I write a poem about him I could win a prize with 115 other poets. I said why not ? and in 10 minutes I dished out a poem about my main squeeze Colbert.
Speaking of, you can vote for me hereeee :)
It was around 6:45 and Cassie finished a lot for her internship application. We wanted to take a visit to Father and Son's antique shop which was a block away, but it was unfortunately closed at 6 :( Fortunately, the weather was beyond perfect in downtown Raleigh and we were starving. We wanted to try a new restaurant and we remember coming across one last semester. It's called Calavera and it's an empanada and tequila bar! We strolled down to check it out. It's gorgeous inside, Latino inspired decor. Catholic decorations such as candles with Jesus and saints covering them.
My beautiful Cassandra
I was really nervous about trying an empanada, never had one before. I decided to get 2 Holy Frijoles, which is stuffed with seasoned black beans (yum), sweet potatoes, and oaxacan cheese (apparently it is similar to mozzarella!) First bit into these hot pastry and I fell in love! Tastes just like samosas! It was perfect and it came with salsa and a green sauce. The salsa sauce was amazing, and Cassie and I agreed that it's because it's a smooth texture and didn't have a lot of tomato chunks like most salsas do. However, we couldn't stop just there and we wanted some dessert. The menu had two options, King of Kong (banana and nutella) and Key Lime. We decided to get both and split them into halves. Best idea ever. Those desert empinadas are the true definition of happiness because nothing at that moment could ruin my mood!
Here's a crappy pictures of the Key Lime Empanada.
Afterwards, we went back to her house and made plans to go to a "French party" (essentially a party hosted by Frenchies at State). Cassie got dressed, headed to my place, I got beautified and we munched on strawberries and nutella and watched some Toy Story while we waited for Kim to drive up. (Yes, we were still hungry after our amazing dinner haha) We headed to Walton's place and hung out with his friends for an hour or so. It was nice hanging out with Walton because he reminded me of Lille and he is so sweet complimenting on things I wear like my "brown shorts". We then went to the party and there was probably 100 people there! Luckily the moment we stepped inside, it started to storm furiously as well as hail! I couldn't hear it since it was loud in the apartment but I wasn't complaining! I had a lot of fun seeing some familiar faces, using my zumba moves with my fellow zumba classmates on a familiar song, and just enjoying myself after so long. Don't remember when I was in the company of so many people. It's been a while. I felt in my element that I've been taken out of so many times.
It was about 1:30 and the crammed car decided to go back home. On the way back, Kim and Cassie and I (well not I because I didn't see it) but they saw a car from the opposite direction donut multiple times and run into a front yard on our side of the street! If we had gone any faster or was a car ahead of where we were, we could have been hit easily. It was scary and since Kim couldn't immediately stop on the side due to traffic behind us, I called the police and Kim told what she witnessed. I hope nobody was hurt!
Overall, I couldn't ask for a perfect Saturday. I've been wanting to do different things and explore and meet new people and I just did that.<3
Speaking of, you can vote for me hereeee :)
It was around 6:45 and Cassie finished a lot for her internship application. We wanted to take a visit to Father and Son's antique shop which was a block away, but it was unfortunately closed at 6 :( Fortunately, the weather was beyond perfect in downtown Raleigh and we were starving. We wanted to try a new restaurant and we remember coming across one last semester. It's called Calavera and it's an empanada and tequila bar! We strolled down to check it out. It's gorgeous inside, Latino inspired decor. Catholic decorations such as candles with Jesus and saints covering them.
My beautiful Cassandra
I was really nervous about trying an empanada, never had one before. I decided to get 2 Holy Frijoles, which is stuffed with seasoned black beans (yum), sweet potatoes, and oaxacan cheese (apparently it is similar to mozzarella!) First bit into these hot pastry and I fell in love! Tastes just like samosas! It was perfect and it came with salsa and a green sauce. The salsa sauce was amazing, and Cassie and I agreed that it's because it's a smooth texture and didn't have a lot of tomato chunks like most salsas do. However, we couldn't stop just there and we wanted some dessert. The menu had two options, King of Kong (banana and nutella) and Key Lime. We decided to get both and split them into halves. Best idea ever. Those desert empinadas are the true definition of happiness because nothing at that moment could ruin my mood!
Here's a crappy pictures of the Key Lime Empanada.
Afterwards, we went back to her house and made plans to go to a "French party" (essentially a party hosted by Frenchies at State). Cassie got dressed, headed to my place, I got beautified and we munched on strawberries and nutella and watched some Toy Story while we waited for Kim to drive up. (Yes, we were still hungry after our amazing dinner haha) We headed to Walton's place and hung out with his friends for an hour or so. It was nice hanging out with Walton because he reminded me of Lille and he is so sweet complimenting on things I wear like my "brown shorts". We then went to the party and there was probably 100 people there! Luckily the moment we stepped inside, it started to storm furiously as well as hail! I couldn't hear it since it was loud in the apartment but I wasn't complaining! I had a lot of fun seeing some familiar faces, using my zumba moves with my fellow zumba classmates on a familiar song, and just enjoying myself after so long. Don't remember when I was in the company of so many people. It's been a while. I felt in my element that I've been taken out of so many times.
It was about 1:30 and the crammed car decided to go back home. On the way back, Kim and Cassie and I (well not I because I didn't see it) but they saw a car from the opposite direction donut multiple times and run into a front yard on our side of the street! If we had gone any faster or was a car ahead of where we were, we could have been hit easily. It was scary and since Kim couldn't immediately stop on the side due to traffic behind us, I called the police and Kim told what she witnessed. I hope nobody was hurt!
Overall, I couldn't ask for a perfect Saturday. I've been wanting to do different things and explore and meet new people and I just did that.<3


No comments:
Post a Comment