Monday, April 2, 2012

My Southern Muse


It was summer in Charleston, and I was seeking inspiration. 
A man dressed in a black suit and a tie grazed passed my eyes.
He had a lingering scent of fresh home-made apple pie.
He carried himself as if all of him contained liberty and freedom.
His hair was perfection, and 
I knew even if the country's president ordered it shaved off,
he would still have the power to impress.
I've never been the one with strong instincts,
But it was nothing but obvious this mystery man was a renaissance man.
Was he a writer? singer? pundit? Son of South Carolina? He must be all,
for no one without talent could stand this tall.
He was pure inspiration, even with a glance
He was the incarnate of America
hater of bears
it was then I realized, I've been blessed by the presence of
Stephen T. Colbert. (DFA) 

No comments: