In the past few days weeks months and years, I've seen myself grown, physically and mentally. My mind is what impresses me the most. I have my moments, but I know how to think for myself, I know the difference finally of what I want and what I don't like. Coming from the most indecisive girl, no, lady in the world, it's a giant leap to know the basics of what it is that I truly desire.
I love attention, deep and stimulating yet fascinating conversations, and trying new foods and places and things and falling in love with them. I love photographs, compliments, and genuine acts of compassion. I seek quotes and motivational anecdotes that change my perception, way of looking at things, even if it impacts me for a few minutes.
I'm a student and have always been a student and I have this hunger to learn more. So friend and lover, teach me something unusual and unheard of and things I ought to know. Expand my knowledge. I don't have much but I'm constantly wanting to learn more. I do love to teach others the things I know, but I cannot always teach and lead the way. I'm a little girl too, you know.
But when I do try to teach you something you may not have heard about, please be interested, or act like it. As much as I want to grow and keep an open mind, I want to receive that from you too. I know what I hate the most is, it is to feel like I've wasted my breath.
I have discovered that similar interests do go a long way, from music to hobbies to certain views. I celebrate diversity but birds of a feather flock together. I have an open mind but it can stay open for too long because sometimes differences obstruct, come in the way of what I want. And as a people pleaser, a label that people constantly remind me of, I cannot sacrifice my pleasure just to respect your beliefs and preferences every. single. time.
After years of mapping out my own mind, I have to admit I do appreciate the little things. Little notes, surprises, gestures, even body language, I am impacted by them.
I'm an indirect person, I sugar coat and beat around the bush. I never want to appear assertive, even though that is something I need to do. However, when I am the most direct I can be and tell you what I want, you sure as hell recognize that I want whatever that is, real bad.
I've noticed disappointment enjoys my company and I'm a big baby when he arrives. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I set high standards and expectations and only I get hurt in the end. But why should I lower my standards when I should seek those who rise up to my expectations?
I am a people person and I may take a while to warm up but conversations are my blanket that keep me content. I need you to call me and ask about my day. Tell me something about yours. Talk about something philosophical. A song you have just fell in love with. How much you love me. To have sweet dreams.
the best way to get to my heart is to keep me on my toes.
It took me years, months, weeks, days to slowly reveal little parts of myself. I'm figuring out what makes me sad, angry, happy. I just wish...
I love attention, deep and stimulating yet fascinating conversations, and trying new foods and places and things and falling in love with them. I love photographs, compliments, and genuine acts of compassion. I seek quotes and motivational anecdotes that change my perception, way of looking at things, even if it impacts me for a few minutes.
I'm a student and have always been a student and I have this hunger to learn more. So friend and lover, teach me something unusual and unheard of and things I ought to know. Expand my knowledge. I don't have much but I'm constantly wanting to learn more. I do love to teach others the things I know, but I cannot always teach and lead the way. I'm a little girl too, you know.
But when I do try to teach you something you may not have heard about, please be interested, or act like it. As much as I want to grow and keep an open mind, I want to receive that from you too. I know what I hate the most is, it is to feel like I've wasted my breath.
I have discovered that similar interests do go a long way, from music to hobbies to certain views. I celebrate diversity but birds of a feather flock together. I have an open mind but it can stay open for too long because sometimes differences obstruct, come in the way of what I want. And as a people pleaser, a label that people constantly remind me of, I cannot sacrifice my pleasure just to respect your beliefs and preferences every. single. time.
After years of mapping out my own mind, I have to admit I do appreciate the little things. Little notes, surprises, gestures, even body language, I am impacted by them.
I'm an indirect person, I sugar coat and beat around the bush. I never want to appear assertive, even though that is something I need to do. However, when I am the most direct I can be and tell you what I want, you sure as hell recognize that I want whatever that is, real bad.
I've noticed disappointment enjoys my company and I'm a big baby when he arrives. I hate it I hate it I hate it. I set high standards and expectations and only I get hurt in the end. But why should I lower my standards when I should seek those who rise up to my expectations?
I am a people person and I may take a while to warm up but conversations are my blanket that keep me content. I need you to call me and ask about my day. Tell me something about yours. Talk about something philosophical. A song you have just fell in love with. How much you love me. To have sweet dreams.
the best way to get to my heart is to keep me on my toes.
It took me years, months, weeks, days to slowly reveal little parts of myself. I'm figuring out what makes me sad, angry, happy. I just wish...
1 comment:
this made me cry, in the best way. i am so proud of you, you have no idea.
Post a Comment