Friday, March 11, 2011

Lovers in Japan

Hearts and Prayers to the people of Japan<3 & All the islands and countries that were affected by the horrendous 8.9 earthquake. I remember 7:30 this morning my mom frantically trying to contact my cousin in Hawaii, the tsunami was supposedly going to hit there, luckily nothing happened and he is okay.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
On a lighter note, Totem was definitely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!
I found a trailer of it, and it had everything I saw in it minus the scuba diving thing, idk why I didn't see that!
The acrobats were unbelievable. I think the most amazing part of the acts is when the audience members put themselves in the shoes ..or leotards in this case of the artist and realize they can't do 1/10th of what they're doing. These artists are so flexible with their body, going to all these limits I never knew existed! The whole 2 hours I was thinking, damn. I bet he's real good in bed.

The costumes were so beautiful and for the chimp costumes, super realistic. The effects like sound and visual, were dreamy and really made you feel involved with what was going on. Not once did I think, oh I'm in a tent outdoors. Simplement incroyable.

The music was really catchy, I want to buy the soundtrack for my dad. There was Indian influence on dance, costume, and music in Totem!

 

I don't know if this is a bad habit, but I was thinking about the lives of the performers. I bet you'd get endless number of dates (if you're single) doing something SO wondrous like this in front of hundreds of viewers every night! I bet these people have fabulous personalities, crazy wild stories, and a very cultured and open mind! But then I thought, oh wait these people travel the WORLD. You can't keep making relationships with people,  a. where is the time? b. you are rarely home!

I'm such an over analyzer, but from what my imagination has told me, I don't blame anyone who wants to leave home and join the circus.

1 comment:

Pavel said...

I want to see circus du soleil, avec toi, i have never gone to a big stuff like that, and indeed, performers lives are quiet weird. but ain't our own life weird enough? i mean, sometimes we live among thousands of people and we share nothing at all, we dont make relationships so easily, and those guys, they surely are full of moments which marked their lives and some good special friends all around the globe. :)