Monday, January 10, 2011

admiration




I admire this one professor of mine so much. There is a fine line between love and admiration, and I promise I haven't crossed it. I really admire this Dr. SO much. I wrote about him here before.
I had him last Spring for a class which I dropped halfway because I was light years behind and couldn't keep up. He was so upset when I told him and he said he'd do anything to help me out but I really couldn't take it. But I promised I'll take it next Spring, which I did :)
This morning I came into class 3 minutes before the time but he wasn't there. Classroom was PACKED, and I was hoping to sit in my usual seat from last year, the front row. Luckily, there was ONE spot open dead center of the first row, coincidence, I think not!

Sooo I waited for my admiree (?) to arrive and he did and he smiled to the class and he saw me and was like "Hey how are you!" The guy next to me said "I'm fine!" haha and so did I. Then Dr. was like "you were close to your old seat!" and I replied "almost!"
I really wanted to say, "I found a better one"

I'm not creepy. Stop laughing, I'm serious. And I hate it when people don't take me seriously at the wrong times.

He has been teaching at State since '72. He's traveled the world and knows SO much about different cultures and languages (hence the class I'm taking, duh.)

But seriously, he has never made me feel more appreciated AS A STUDENT than any other teacher I have had. Not saying none of my teachers cared about me, that is a lie. But he like, from the beginning took an interest in me without me sucking up to him or anything. I remember last year I'd come to class everyday, sit in the front row and would catch myself sleeping a bit. Or texting a lot. Or Neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer participating in discussions. But he made me want to come to class everyday.

He's a nice wise intelligent man and I'm so glad to be able to know him and have him actually know about my presence.

No comments: