Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Big Girls Don't Cry

I never liked this song when it came out, I never listened to it and thought "hmm I hope this comes on the radio again!" It was a hit in 2007 (wow doesn't that seem like ages ago?) and I remember sitting in my grandmother's house in India watching India's MTV and the music video to this song was on. I was in the living room with my uncle and he's always been interested in the things I say and do (and then proceeds to make fun of me.) I remember the scene where Fergie is flaunting and marketing Candie's lingerie and I got embarrassed and flipped the channel.

For the past few months, I find myself singing that song, or WANTING to get it stuck in my head. I seek out to listen to that song. I guess now I actually put meaning in all the songs I listen to than when I was in like 10th grade. I love this song and it makes me reminiscent; of something, everything, I'm not sure what of but something nice for sure.

It's funny how this one song, one that I never loved before, and how I really don't listen to this type of music on the regular, but how this song stands out.


No comments: