Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friday, flight to Paris, Saturday

I know this was a couple days ago, but this experience was crazy! So this was what was suppose to happen when I flew...

I had a flight at 3:20 to Chicago, and I was suppose to reach at 4:30...where I catch my connection flight to Charles De Gaulle, Paris at 5:55. Then, I'd reach Paris Saturday morning around 9:10...25 minutes after Madame Beckman and a few others were reaching. This way I would ride a bus with them to the hotel. However I was worried, what if they can't wait for me? What if my planes are delayed?  I had to figure out how to get to the hotel by myself. Laura and I figured out that I needed to take a 10 euro Roissy bus shuttle into Paris which is like a 50 minute ride. Then I had to find a metro and get on it (with my 80lb luggage, 2 roller bags and a big purse to remind you). Just because I've been to Paris a couple of times doesn't mean I know how to get around it! I, including Momma and Laura were freaking out how I'm going to get around this city by myself, without theives stealing from my things and me getting lost and panicking.

I get to the airport, with BUTTERFLIES trying to like kill my stomach. There was a tornado watch and it was raining here and there before our way there, however my mom got a notification from American Airlines that my flight to Chicago was on time. However, the second I went to check in my bag, the man makes a face and says it's delayed. My mom and I were like, "whaaaaaaaaaat's going on?!" I had to catch another flight!! However the guy said, hold on, and we trusted him completely. In a matter of minutes he got me a different flight with US Airways, a flight straight from Charlotte to Paris at 6 which reaches at 8:05am the next day! Perfect, no worries about missing my connection flight, loosing my luggage, and reaching earlier than the group so I can wait on them! I texted Bryan to notify my change, and he replied saying oh you're coming in at the same time as Kim. I texted her ASAP and she called me saying I'm on the same flight as 4 other people in our group! WHAT A RELIEF. I didn't want to be by myself! I was so excited!

I finally met up with them and realized we get a lot of delays and we finally got to sit on a small plane. The group realized we were probably going to miss Madame and the bus to the hotel. Luckilly I had my plan, but little did I know how painful it was..

We finally reach the airport and I led the group to the bus and the metro. With everyone and their 2 bags, we had to truck them through so many stair cases in the metro and around the city. My arms wanted to pop off!! We had to switch 2 different trains and we were all so exhausted since we barely got any sleep and the time difference!

We reached around 10 and we didn't get to the hotel at 1. Do the math, reallllllllly rough trip. I got hit on my a newstand guy since I was the only one asking for directions. He said he'd only tell me where the metro is if I gave him 2 euros...and I said.."noo...I don't have it" and he's like "what about 5 euros?" and I said I don't have any money!"..."what about 5 kisses?" ewwww hahahaha

We finally made it and I had to wait because my room with my 2 other roommates wasn't ready. I got a sandwich, mozerella lettuce and tomatoes. I also got peach juice box! Sandwich wasn't really good though..

I took a shower when the room was ready and we took a boat tour on La Siene which I did the last year. We also passed the Eiffel Tower, always beautiful and it never gets old. Whit Bryan and I went to a very amazing Italian restaurant, I had this delicious spinach ricotta ravioli! Yummm and I thought I was going to starve here!


That was my Friday and Saturday! I took some pictures! My arms and back and shoulders HURT from carrying all that luggage :'(

Much more later :)


3 comments:

laura leeeeeee said...

omg im so glad that you are safe!!! but thats really good that your flight was changed and with people you know/going with you. my GOSH you must be so exhausted...when i went to arizona just that little time change threw me off but i can't imagin 6 hours ahead of time! ahhh but that ravioli looks delish and its making me hungrayyy!! haven't had much to eat today...got so drunk last night and threw up all morning...NOT winning haha but omg i cant wait to see more pics they are all so beautiful i love you i miss you and i cant wait til you return home safely to me and tell me all your adventures!!! :)

Anna M. said...

I'm sure your time in France will be well worth the exhaustion you had to go through! Again, I'm so jealous and I can't wait to see more pictures.

Have fun! <3

Dela said...

omg that sounds so crazy/hectic/rough/intense! BUT i'm so glad you are SAFE and got switched to a plane with people you knew! YAY so glad things worked out in the end :)

ps. get used to getting hit on by french men. YOU CUTE!

HAVE FUN<3