I'm leaving tomorrow afternooooooooon. I'm like 98% packed! That has been the most challenging task of my life. What to bring for a month stay in FRANCE. Of course the finest things I own, I really haven't checked my check list but my mom helped tons with the process and I don't think I'm missing any significant items. It's not like I'm going to outer space where they don't have stores or anything. I'm just trying to refrain from buying things that I already have here because anything European is much more expensive.
My numerous concerns:
My numerous concerns:
- Will I get to my hotel from the airport safely? It is like a 1.5 hour trip I THINK from CDG to the hotel...and I'm just a little girl who can freak out easily and knows NOTHING about the Paris Metro and streets and such. I'm just praying my plan that I've looked over numerous times with Laura is accurate and easy to follow!
- Will I starve in France?
- Will French people hate me because of my awful American accent?
- Will I remember all the French I've learned these past like...8 years?
- Will I make the most out of my study abroad trip?
Those are like my deepest fears at the moment, but these past few days...I've been having this mind set. Be aware of your surroundings, TRY YOUR BEST, and DON'T FREAK OUT. Stop, breathe, and take one step at a time. Don't worry about things you cannot control, and focus on whats in your hands. Be responsible for yourself and be weary! Just breathe, everything will work out <3
1 comment:
you'll get to the hotel fine :) i think i'll get there with you in my dreams because we memorized it so much :)
you're not going to starve in france because you eat like a mouse anyways. and if in doubt, find the closest french cvs & buy some nasty mac n cheese cup things
the french hate the white americans. you're indian. if anything, start pullin' out the indian accident and blame it on india. or if you really are in a bind, just speak in your native language. they can't hate you for that. baahah. but um, on a side note, they totally should not hate us...we helped their asses out too many times in war.
you know more french than me so that makes you WINNING. you're going to remember all the french you've learned because you will be influenced by it 24/7 in a land where they speak nothing BUT french! all those little things you forgot that you learned will come flooding back and you'll become this weird french speaking person i wont even recognize and i'll have to make you all american-like when you get back.
you WILL make the most out of your trip because you are not the type of person to take things for granted. you are not going over there to party. you're not going over there to waste your parents/schools money. you're going over there to better YOU and your love for french. you've come a long way (much more than me and my days with madam olsen) and this is going to be the BEST experience. how many people can say they've studied abroad? thats like me going to Israel (i think thats where he said he's from) and shooting with nidgel barker from ANTM. cept, you' can't rape your french teacher. or wouldn't want to. i'd rape nidgel...then kidnap him and make him my slave............OK TMI.
please dont freak out or worry. remember when you were worried about your first day of college and had so much stuff to bring and so many new places to learn and new people to meet? this is the same. you're going to do fine.it's scary..yeah because this is a different county but you've GOT this miss world traveler :) nothing can get you down except YOURSELF. remember that. it's gonna be scary at moments. it's gonna be hard at moments. but there isn't a time i've ever doubted you my little cresaunt.
i love you & have a WONDERFUL TIME!!!! get all that french knowledge in girllllll <3 :) xoxoxox
-laura
Post a Comment