Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday, quite amazing I must say

I woke up to an AWFUL nauseas TIRED disgusted feeling...thank you du vin from last night =\ But, eating a little, drinking water, and taking some Tylenol fixed that really fast.

Feeling a tinsy bit better was just the start of a beautiful day. This was the day I finally met my pen pals, Pavel from Mexico and Barbara from Paris, after becoming friends with them through this language learning website 3 years ago. I had a free day today so it was parfait to meet them! It was an hour ride for them to meet me at my hotel...I waited for a long time since plans were delayed a few hours since Pavel wasn't feeling too good. However, I walked outside the hotel because Bab fb msged me saying she's 2 stations away from Port D'Orleans. I run into them and I was in shock. I was just filled with happiness because I finally saw these two AMAZING big hearted caring people in person. I hugged them the next moment it hit me! But the funny thing is...not ONE second did I think, wow this is so weird. The whole time it felt that...I hang out with them every day and today...is just another day :)

Barbara showed me around, we went to Notre Dame, Latin Quarter,  La Sarbonne and, Jardin du Luxemborgue. We took a lot of pictures, mostly of each other! They are an extremely cute couple, and  I did NOT feel like a 3rd wheel, expect during PDA. Quick fact, the French don't find PDA as a rude or impolite thing, it's normal. First we went to Notre Dame. Very beautiful and dark inside. I don't know how people can pray and worship there when theres sooo many tourists taking photos and crowding around. My favorite part of ND were the beautiful stained glassed windows. So massive and colorful! Infront of ND is a metal plate that marks the Center of Paris. Directions and distance is referred to this spot. It's said that if you walk in a circle within the plate, you will return to Paris!

Anywho, we were hanging out and talking in the Garden for a long time, and we saw an empty gazeebo where Pavel used his photography skills on Bab and I. He took great natural pictures, I'm in love.



These two people are so in love, you can feel it! I hope I can find that some day. Us three had a lot of fun around Paris and I really hope I can see them soon again. This day was bound to happen, like what are the odds that Pavel dated Barbara, went to Paris the SAME TIME as I did? What are the odds that I chose this summer to study in Lille but my professor decided to stay in PARIS for a few days? This WHOLE trip so far has been based on instances like these, coincidence or not...they are making me happy and EXTREMELY thankful.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Whoo hoo!! You finally met them that is sooooo good yay!! They are both so beautiful :) your day sounded so perfect yayy! So happy for you ily