Thursday, June 23, 2011

Brussels

I visited Brussels, Belgium yesterday, and it was so beautiful! Less than one day didn't do justice to this beautiful capital, I'm craving more time there.

The weather wasn't exactly perfect, and my pants that were still air drying (thank you dorm dryers for working well) resulted in why I was wearing shorts + tights.

When we reached at 10am, my French Arts class got off the bus (with croissants!) and walked to the Comic Museum. I personally found it...bleh, maybe because I don't find them that interesting and they were mainly French (how dare they omit Fox Trot and Garfield?!). The exhibit and the images were really cool though!





After 40 minutes of quickly strolling, we all decided we were starving. We trekked out in the rain (ugh) and tried to find a place to eat. After a long time of getting soaked, shivering, and scanning prices and something vegetarian, we went to Quick Burger (which I had the night before at Fete de la Musique..the music festival of Lille which was AMAZING) and we finally were satisfied.

We then went strolling along and found the "peeing baby" or Mannekan Pis! It was extremely small compared to what I imagined! The souvenirs around us were bigger than the actual fountain, we saw a bigger chocolate model of it!




We then walked around the city, and the buildings and art everywhere was so sweet and cool. I got a few pictures :)






We realized it was close to the meeting point time by the Grand Place, so we walked around there and found a place to eat warm sucre gauffres (Belgium Waffles!) Let's just say I was in a food coma for around an hour! I refused to get up and out in the cold again!

Later we wanted to find a place to sit so we drank some Belgium beer as well, and alas it was 4:45, back to the bus!


1 comment:

Lavanya Rao said...

Wowww!! Everything looks dream-like! I really read your posts to try and live vicariously through you :)