I really apologize for the really pathetic writing on these posts. I'm trying to recollect everything I've done and I honestly cannot conscice it into a small paragraphed thing!
This morning we left super early to NORMANDY, north France! Like really north, on the tip! We came to Bayeux and saw this amazing 70 meter ancient tapestry that depicted the story of William the Conquerer and the battle of Hastings. It was used long time ago for the illiterate. We had an audio guide that explained each of the 50+ scenes! So cool!
After we saw a cathedral, a service was in session. Extremely ancient and beautiful place, I loved it!
We had lunch and I had an amazing pizza!
Back on the bus, we were going to see the long awaited WW2 memorial at Omaha Beach. This place brought me to tears!! I know very little about wars and everything that goes with it. However, the memorial hit me real hard. It was so beautiful. The cementrary was perfectly alligned and just like how I imagined it after seeing it in movies and in textbooks. The beach was so peaceful and calm. I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that...there was a deadly chaotic crazy war that happened here in 1944, and I can only see peace.
In the memorial museum I read the stories of sacrifice and courage. I couldn't help to shed some tears. While going through this WW2 memorial, I just felt this sense of heroicness (?) of these American men and women.
After a very serious visit, we headed back to the bus to go to Honfleur. This is our last stop before LILLE!!! Classes start Monday and I'm freaking out because I have been in la-la land for the past week or so! France is so beautiful, and it's more than just PARIS. Last night, all of us in the group got together and had fun and just talked sang dance in a room. I love my study abroad group, they are just so awesome :)
This morning we left super early to NORMANDY, north France! Like really north, on the tip! We came to Bayeux and saw this amazing 70 meter ancient tapestry that depicted the story of William the Conquerer and the battle of Hastings. It was used long time ago for the illiterate. We had an audio guide that explained each of the 50+ scenes! So cool!
After we saw a cathedral, a service was in session. Extremely ancient and beautiful place, I loved it!
We had lunch and I had an amazing pizza!
Back on the bus, we were going to see the long awaited WW2 memorial at Omaha Beach. This place brought me to tears!! I know very little about wars and everything that goes with it. However, the memorial hit me real hard. It was so beautiful. The cementrary was perfectly alligned and just like how I imagined it after seeing it in movies and in textbooks. The beach was so peaceful and calm. I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea that...there was a deadly chaotic crazy war that happened here in 1944, and I can only see peace.
In the memorial museum I read the stories of sacrifice and courage. I couldn't help to shed some tears. While going through this WW2 memorial, I just felt this sense of heroicness (?) of these American men and women.
After a very serious visit, we headed back to the bus to go to Honfleur. This is our last stop before LILLE!!! Classes start Monday and I'm freaking out because I have been in la-la land for the past week or so! France is so beautiful, and it's more than just PARIS. Last night, all of us in the group got together and had fun and just talked sang dance in a room. I love my study abroad group, they are just so awesome :)
No comments:
Post a Comment