Was...ughhhhhhh.
I'm def not in any school mind set which isn't the best attitude to start the first day of classes. We had to take a test at 9am, a very short French test of 3 pages which was to place us in French levels. I got into a level I initially wasn't too happy about (but hindsight I think it's best for me!).
After we had a long break until 1.30. I remember going to the grocery store and taking a nice nap. I didn't plan for the nap...and I woke up randomly and look at my watch! I first thought it said 1.50 and I freaked out!!! My ICC (Interncultural communication) class starts at 1.30 and I can't miss the first day!! Luckily I did a double take to realize it was 12.50, I had more than enough time to get to class :)
....which happened to be horribly boring. We talked about culture and stereotypes and it was interesting...but I'm pretty sure I already took Cultural and Linguistic anthropology last semester so I knew exactly what we were talking about. Sigh...it was a long three hours.
I'm glad we had like a 15 min break where I chomped down on a sugar waffle from the vending machine. DELISH.
Anywho, our homework was to read 10 pages of the book. God, I really need to get back on the school grind.
Later that night we had a crepe dinner...which I was way excited for. HOWEVER being a vegetarian didn't help. I had to sit at the table with all the other vegetarians and we had yucky salad..and we couldn't eat crepes b/c they had seafood or chicken in them..so I had FRENCH FRIES for dinner. I was so upset.
After that, for my French Arts class, it was required to see the film Un Long Dimanche De Fiancailles. Little did I know that this is now a new favorite movie! I should have known since the director is the same as "Amelie" and has Audrey in it as well! A must see! About WW1, definitely gave me some tears.
It was a weird and crazy day overall, the movie def tied it together. Unfortunately, I could have had a MUCH better start to the new school ...month?
I'm def not in any school mind set which isn't the best attitude to start the first day of classes. We had to take a test at 9am, a very short French test of 3 pages which was to place us in French levels. I got into a level I initially wasn't too happy about (but hindsight I think it's best for me!).
After we had a long break until 1.30. I remember going to the grocery store and taking a nice nap. I didn't plan for the nap...and I woke up randomly and look at my watch! I first thought it said 1.50 and I freaked out!!! My ICC (Interncultural communication) class starts at 1.30 and I can't miss the first day!! Luckily I did a double take to realize it was 12.50, I had more than enough time to get to class :)
....which happened to be horribly boring. We talked about culture and stereotypes and it was interesting...but I'm pretty sure I already took Cultural and Linguistic anthropology last semester so I knew exactly what we were talking about. Sigh...it was a long three hours.
I'm glad we had like a 15 min break where I chomped down on a sugar waffle from the vending machine. DELISH.
Anywho, our homework was to read 10 pages of the book. God, I really need to get back on the school grind.
Later that night we had a crepe dinner...which I was way excited for. HOWEVER being a vegetarian didn't help. I had to sit at the table with all the other vegetarians and we had yucky salad..and we couldn't eat crepes b/c they had seafood or chicken in them..so I had FRENCH FRIES for dinner. I was so upset.
After that, for my French Arts class, it was required to see the film Un Long Dimanche De Fiancailles. Little did I know that this is now a new favorite movie! I should have known since the director is the same as "Amelie" and has Audrey in it as well! A must see! About WW1, definitely gave me some tears.
It was a weird and crazy day overall, the movie def tied it together. Unfortunately, I could have had a MUCH better start to the new school ...month?
No comments:
Post a Comment