Friday, June 3, 2011

Wednesday!

We unfortunately had to leave Paris that day, but we were off to see Monet's Garden in Giverny! All of his paintings of his garden were coming to life! The gardens were probably the most beautiful thing I have seen! With ponds and lillies and flowers and bridges and how it was all designed, breath taking! Every part of his garden was a snap shot of his paintings. Don't let me get started on Claude Monet's home, so quaint, cozy, and mysterious! I really love all of his paintings, and I enjoyed the beauty of Giverny.

Next up was Mount St. Michel. I had no idea what this place was but I now know how amazing it is. It's very ancient and has a church and an abbey for monks. It was used back in the ages as a prison, church, everything pretty much! We were really lucky to have our HOTEL there! It looked like a mix of Hogwarts, The Disney Castle symbol...I think.

It was a real interesting day since most of it was spent on the bus. But you have to do what you have to do! I loved the two places we went, I'm learning so much minute by minute. Next stop, Normandy!

No comments: