Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Things I've learned about France so far

French are VERY environment friendly and conservative. In my dorm (and many other places I've been in), the lights have sensors, so they only turn on when someone is present...like it SHOULD be. Water, like in my sink is those push button things, so no one accidently leaves it on forever, and it stops after a few seconds. This way, water and light energy are always there, WHEN NEEDED, and not wasted.

When I'm in the shower though, I have to get out of it to press the light button on average 3 times because midway my shower, the lights go out -___- so annnnoying! and sometimes its so dark in the hallway and the sensor doesn't work as quickly as it should, so I freak out as I'm turning a corner expecting something horrid to pop out at me.

Our dorms definitely need that. Hallway lights and building lights are kept on forever it seems, even when no one is in need of them.

I went to CarreFour today, it's like a Target, mainly grocery store, and I'm sure like other stores like that in Europe, you don't get plastic bags. You buy one reusable bag. How nice.


No comments: